Friday, September 27, 2013

Welcome to PE 2013-2014!

Physical and Health Literacy for Life!

Oi Gente!

The purpose of this blog to provide you with useful tools and resources that will help you grow within the physical education setting. 

Throughout our journey into physical fitness, we will work collaboratively to reach our goals - both as individuals and as a group. Developing the appropriate mindset is key so that growth in all areas of our learning is achieved.

Together, we will take risks in order to learn from our experiences, improving our knowledge and understanding of what it means to be physical and health literate in today's ever changing world.

I look forward to our time together!


Physical and Health Literacy:
Take a look at the following video from OPHEA (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)...


What does it mean to be physical and health literate? Share your thinking!

3 comments:

  1. Ms. Arcenas, I would like to suggest that next year, you fully adopt the system that students can make up work for missed classes. I think that right from the beginning (this blog post, which probably will be reposted next semester), you should motivate students who are unable to participate in class to read the blog, and you should use it to explore different topics, which cannot be covered in class. I liked this commenting system, I just would like to suggest that you make it into a solid, standardised, assignment system! Good luck next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pedro! This blog is currently being used for MS and HS, in particular for HS students who cannot participate in PE. The post regarding Fabian Nacer was specifically a HS assignment; however, I do agree that next year this will become more common place for not only MS, but HS as well. I have always encouraged both my MS and HS students to explore this blog. If you explore it further, you will notice how my MS students are using it in their classes. Moreover, some of your peers are also posting on my blog. I encourage you to read their comments and reply back!

      Delete
    2. Nice! I'll try to take a look at more posts later! I've seen there are posts with comments, and I definitely think this is a good solution for someone who cannot do P.E.!

      Delete